Liability Insurance Operations Department (Facilities and Construction)
The Contractor shall purchase and maintain such insurance as will protect the Contractor and the District from claims set forth below which may arise out of or result from the Contractor’s activities under the Contract, whether such activities be by Contractor, any subcontractor, or anyone directly or indirectly employed by any of those listed, or by anyone for whose acts, make any of them liable:
1. Claims under worker’s compensation, disability benefit and other similar Employee benefits acts:
Such insurance shall include claims under the Worker’s Compensation Law And Texas Employer’s Liability coverage in the following amounts: bodily Injury by accident – – $500,000 each accident; bodily injury by disease – -$500,000 policy limit; and bodily injury by disease – – $500,000 each employee.
2. Claims for damages because of bodily injury, sickness or disease, death, and property damage.
Such insurance shall provide coverage on an occurrence basis in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 for each occurrence and as a general aggregate per job site, for both bodily injury and property damage combined. and shall include the following coverage:
- Premised and Operations coverage with X,C and U exclusions deleted, if applicable;
- Owners and Contractors Protective coverage;
- Broad Form Property Damage coverage, including completed operations;
- Blanket Contractual coverage;
- Personal and Advertising injury coverage;
- An endorsement naming Round Rock ISD as an additional insured.
3. Business Auto Liability in the amount of $1,000,000.00 combined single Limit for bodily injury and/or property damage liability, including owned autos, hired or borrowed autos, and non-owned autos.
Contractor shall maintain all of the foregoing insurance coverage in force throughout the period of contract performance.
Certificate of Insurance and Other Requirements:
Notwithstanding any other provisions in the Contract, certificates of insurance acceptable to the District for all insurance shall be filed with the District prior to Contractor’s mobilization. The certificate shall bear an original signature of an authorized representative of the insurer and facsimile or mechanically reproduced signatures will not be acceptable.
All insurance policies must be issued by acceptable companies licensed to do business in Texas. Such acceptable companies shall be represented by a duly authorized local agent having offices in Round Rock or Austin, Texas.
Each insurance policy shall contain an endorsement affording ten (10) days prior written notice to the District of cancellation or material change in coverage, and an endorsement providing that such insurance as us afforded under Contractor’s policy is primary insurance as respects District and that any other insurance maintained by the District is excess and noncontributing with the insurance required hereunder.
If RRISD is damaged by the failure to maintain all required insurance, the Contractor shall bear all such damages. The general information indemnification granted by the Contractor shall not be compromised or limited by the amount of insurance coverage.
Policy Reference: None
Approved by Superintendent’s Cabinet: ____________